You can join Azure AD and use the Intune device agent for MDM and not the MDM channel when you enroll. It is a bit tricky and require manual touch on the device.
The best experience is to include the Intune agent in the Windows Image. If can not do this then here is how:
You need this:
- Azure AD Enrollment Administrator
- Microsoft Intune Agent on USB
- Windows 10 clean install (OOBE)
- Configure Azure AD to only MDM enroll
- Create a group for Security Group with all students
- Target Intune to only do MDM for that Group
Optional: Passport for Work registry disable script
Here are the steps:
In Azure AD:
- Go to Active Directory
- Select your Domain
- Select Applications
- Select Microsoft Intune
- Select Configure
- Under manage devices for these users, select Groups then browse and select the all students group. Select it and click on the check mark. Click Save down on the bottom bar.
- Create an enrollment administrator in the Intune Console
- Go to ->Admin->Administrator->Device Enrollment Administrator Enter an Azure AD user as a device enrollment admin e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Create group for the devices that the Device Enrollment Administrator is a part of so that all his devices get targeted for a script.
- *Disable Passport for Work by pushing a Script to that group. This script Disables Passport for Work on the local machine so that you do not need to enter a pin.
- *Here is how you create the script: Create script
- *Here is how you package the script: Script Deployment
- *Here is how you deploy the script: Deploy custom script
- *One client is visible in Microsoft Intune you need to either distribute the software on all clients or on a client that you manually move into a specific group.
- That software will be pushed down in time. you may force the install on the device by pressing install on the client or refreshing the policy in Intune.
- Get the Intune agent from Admin->Download Client Software and save it to a USB stick.
*Only nessecary if you want to disable the “Create PIN promt” on login.
On the Device:
- Boot the clean device.
- Under the OOBE experience Select “My company owns this Device”
- Log on with that enrollment administrator and complete the setup.
- As the admin you will be challenged with a PIN prompt and you need to verify so bring your phone.
- Plug in USB and run the EXE file. Remember you need both the EXE and that small certificate file to be in the same folder for the enrollment to be toward your account.
- Let the machine sit if you can. The longer it sits, the more stuff will be downloaded so your next user do not have to wait.
- Log of your enrollment admin and give the PC to the students and let them log in with their user that is in the Student security group.
- The next user that logs on will be a standard user.
- He/She will be prompted for a pin but it can be bypassed by doin this:
Leave a Reply