If you have a OneNote notebook on your harddrive or on a shared drive like H: or L: etc. it is easy to move it to your OneDrive or OneDrive for Business. This guide will not work in the OneNote App. Use OneNote 2016 to move your notebook then use the app to open it.
Here is what you must do.
- Open OneNote 2016 or OneNote 2013 and ensure that you are logged in with your OneDrive account where you would like to store the notebook
2. Open your Notebooks by going to File and find your notebook.
If your Notebook is on your harddrive you will see the “Share on Web” button. If you do not see this button click the “Settings” on the notebook and select “properties” Jump to point 4 if this is the case.
3. If you saw the share button simply click it and select the location and click “Move Notebook”. You are done and you may now use the OneNote App and open the notebook from that location you selected. Remember to log in on your app with the same account.
4. If you do not see that “Share” button, click the notebook and click properties
5. Click change location and save it temporarly to your harddrive (or onedrive, if you have synced it)
6. Now you may go back to Step 3 and move the notebook to Onedrive.