If you like me got the Tesla Model X topfit dashcam you might have experienced the annoying voice. If you mail the seller he will send you a guide on how to remove it.
Here is a short summary.
- Update the firmware by inserting the memory card into your computer,
- Transfer the two files to the card
- Re-insert the card into the camera
- Wait for the camera to update
- Press the button once to turn of the sound
Important: There are two files he sends you which are firmware upgrades to the unit. I put them on a OneDrive link below:
FIRMWARE Tesla Model X Topfit Dashcam
I have had some trouble with it and I think it works now.
Here is his reply in English unformatted. (I know it is a bit off):
Sorry for the late reply.
It’s actual irritating to hear the voice “DVR recording” steadily. But don’t worry. I’ll always with you and solve this problem.
Firstly, please confirm with us about if the “RORO CAM” APP in your phone is the “ZX06-170717V2.0” latest version.(Please see the 1st screenshot )
If the app is the latest version which marks “ZX06-170717V2.0”,you just need press the shortcut button to close the camera sound. (Please see the 2nd screenshot )
But if the “RORO CAM” APP in your phone is not the “ZX06-170717V2.0” latest version,but is “ZX06-170717V1.0” version. You need to upgrade the app to “ZX06-170717V2.0” latest version first,and then continue with the following step.
The app update steps are as follows:
1. Format the SD card in the “RORO CAM”APP of your phone first (Note: you need to connect the Tesla-Topfit WIFY) and then take it out from the dash cam.(Note: the APP is “RORO CAM”,and not the “ROPRO CAM”)
2. Then copy the two files in the attachment into the SD card.
(Note:You need to use a computer and a card reader)
After the file is copied to the SD card, re-insert it into the dash cam.(Note: At this point, you need to start the car while you operate) The LED light flashes,and the dash cam will say” DVR recording” if it has completed upgrading.
3. After the upgrading has been completed, it’s okay to re-format the SD card in the “RORO CAM”APP of your phone ( Note: you need to connect the Tesla-Topfit WIFY again)
4. After the app completing upgrading, it’s okay to press the shortcut button to close the camera sound.
We don’t know if the above description is clear, and if there are any uncertainties or the camera still makes noise after trying , be free to let us know,and then we think of other ways again. Now, trouble you to help us try according to the above steps.
Hope my reply can help you. Any other problem, be free to contact me again through this email or my Facebook( Teslafans Lee) or Whatsapp/ Skype( +86 13570835023).
Teslafans–exclusive for Tesla Accessory
Add.No.28, Pingdong Ind.Zone, Pingdi Town, Longgang District, Shenzhen 518117, China
September 23, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Thanks for the tip! The voice was super annoying