Here is a comparison chart between a range of Windows 10 Based Education devices.
- All devices are running Windows 10 1607.
- They have recently been wiped and waited for windows update to remove all flags in device management
- Running on battery with more than 60% charge
- Devices are joined to Intune from OOBE
- Tests ran 3 times on each device (score is had minor deviations)
The devices range from Pentium to Celeron CPU and from 64 gig to 256 gig SSD. Ram is 4 gig. The results on each device differ marginally each time i run the benchmarking tool.
These devices are all really cheap and start at 1800 NOK before VAT.
Chart (In progress*):
What can you learn from this chart? There are difference performance, so having an opinion of what is good enough can save you some extra money when selecting a device. Will the user notice a difference, mabye… or mabye not.
Just keep in mind that a student does not need a super fast disk to write essay’s in word. But he will appreciate the extra power of a better CPU when having a Skype call and editing power point at the same time.
My opinion is that disk speed is the most important aspect of the devices. Even Celeron is good enough.
Leave a Reply