Here is a comparison chart between a range of Windows 10 Based Education devices.
- All devices are running Windows 10 1607.
- They have recently been wiped and waited for windows update to remove all flags in device management
- Running on battery with more than 60% charge
- Devices are joined to Intune from OOBE
- Tests ran 3 times on each device (score is had minor deviations)
The devices range from Pentium to Celeron CPU and from 64 gig to 256 gig SSD. Ram is 4 gig. The results on each device differ marginally each time i run the benchmarking tool.
These devices are all really cheap and start at 1800 NOK before VAT.
Chart (In progress*):
What can you learn from this chart? There are difference performance, so having an opinion of what is good enough can save you some extra money when selecting a device. Will the user notice a difference, mabye… or mabye not.
Just keep in mind that a student does not need a super fast disk to write essay’s in word. But he will appreciate the extra power of a better CPU when having a Skype call and editing power point at the same time.
My opinion is that disk speed is the most important aspect of the devices. Even Celeron is good enough.
You must be logged in to post a comment.