You can use Microsoft Intune agent to distribute and deploy quietly Office 2016 ProPlus bits to any Windows PC you manage with the agent.
Here is what you do:
- Download the Office Deployment Toolkit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49117
- Install it and you get two files. Setup.exe and Configuration.xml
- Configure the configure.xml with something like this:
<Configuration> <Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Branch="Current"> <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail"> <Language ID="en-us" /> </Product> </Add> <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="True" /> </Configuration>
- Upload the exe file and select to include other files in the folder.
- Add the command line argument to /configure configuration.xml
- Deploy the software to the target groups.
- Make sure that your computer is in that target group
- Wait for Office to Install