Thinking about the new Surface Pro 4? Cool. It’s a very well built device with a even better pen!
However these are some things you might want to think about before you buy.
- The Surface Pro 4 will fit in the old Surface Pro 3 dock, but not 100% More like 90%. It will charge but it sits wrong, a bit tilted to one side due to its thinner design.
- EDIT: There is a free adapter which you can order from Microsoft to fix this. Get it here
- The Surface Pro 3 Keyboard fits the new SP4 but not 100% more like 90% as the new SP4 has a smaller bezel the keyboard overlaps the screen area. The magnet also will not clip on as tight.
- pdates, then updates, and some more updates. When you Buy a SP4 you have to update the device for at least 1-2 hours before its “done”
- Windows Hello, is not supported out of the Box and you need to run that 1-2 hours of update and then update again to receive the necessary firmware update for Windows Hello to work.
- Screen bleeding, the screen is not perfect black. There are some edge bleeding.
But you know what. Despite all this, the device is awsome and I love Windows Hello!
I just sit down in front of the camera and “whosh” it logs me in, every time!
I would recommend this device to all my family members and my business associates!
You must be logged in to post a comment.